Here is the main headlines for 2 September 2002.
- Govt blocks 118 mobile apps including PUBG , WeChat Work etc.
- Single day spike of 78357 new COVID19 positive cases and 1045 deaths in last 24 hours. Total COVID19 cases stands 3769524.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh leaves for Moscow on a three day visit to Russia. He will attend the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) during his visit.
- Indian Astronomers discover one of the farthest star galaxies in the universe.
- Sumit Nagal becomes first Indian since 2013 to enter second round of Grand slam singles event.
- Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant tests positive for COVID19. He is asymptomatic and under home isolation.
- PV Sindhu will not play Thomas & Uber cup scheduled in October 2020 due to personal reasons.